1. Describe your relationship to the applicant: the length of your acquaintance, the nature of your relationship, and your knowledge of the applicant's work in the area described in the application.
2. Considering the applicant's stage in his or her career, how do you evaluate the applicant's contributions to psychology? Mention such things as the size, quality, and originality of that contribution.
3. What is your judgment of the applicant's expertise in the area represented in the application, considering both substantive knowledge of the field and mastery of methods?
4. Give your evaluation of the importance of the contribution described in the proposal, assuming its successful completion.
5. From your knowledge of the applicant's record, please provide an estimate of the probability that the applicant will make significant progress on the described project.
Are there any special aspects of the applicant's situation (teaching or administrative
responsibilities, support for research in the applicant's home institution) that
the Trustees should consider in making their decision?
Please mail letters of reference to the following address to arrive by Dec. 7:
c/o Christina L. Williams, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience
Genome Sciences Research Building II – 3rd Floor
572 Research Drive – Box 91050
Durham, NC 27708
Phone: (919) 660-5638 (for Fed Ex use only, please email if information is needed)
Fax: (919) 660-5798